Scrolling box

computer hardware

Breaking News

Social Icons

Recent Comments

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Need a low profile low power video card


Hi,

I need to find a very basic graphics card just so that I can have two monitors extend my desktop. This computer (HP dc5800 SFF) has a 240 watt power supply. I need to find a very basic graphics card that supports dual-display but does not require anything more than a 240 watt supply.

I am looking for PCI Express x16. The motherboard specifications also show that PCI Express x1 and PCI are also options (http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/3646...pecifications/). It needs to be low profile, but low profile ready would probably be a better option.

Any suggestions besides replacing the PSU?

Thanks in advance

comments:
I've had good luck with EVGA 01G-P3-1302-LR cards. I've put them in plenty of machines with a sub 300W power supply with no problems. They come with low profile brackets. 
Go to partsurfer.hp.com. Put in the HP model number off of the serial number sticker - in the form of aa123aa. HP usually lists all available parts for each model including options. Being generic type parts from a major OEM you should be able to find decent prices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

THam khảo: Đầu thu DVB T2 | giàn phơi, lắp đặt giàn phơi quần áo hay giá giàn phơi thông minh tốt nhất cả nước